United Way of Northwest Louisiana (UWNWLA) announced the election of ten new members to join its 2023 Board of Directors.
The members below begin their two-year term with UWNWLA effective immediately:
- Katina Bruce, Shreveport Fire Department
- Joni Claville, MD, MS, MBA, Humana Pharmacy Appeals
- Wesley Garcia, Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino
- Paige Lasyone, Region’s Bank
- Amanda Nottingham, City of Bossier
- John David Person, Wieland
- Phillip Smart, Gibsland Bank & Trust
- Toni Tyner, Progressive Bank
- Patricia Vines, Region’s Bank
- Tia White, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
“We are excited to have this very robust group of leaders join our Board of Directors,” said UWNWLA President & CEO LaToria W. Thomas. “These members come from different walks of life and communities, bringing unique perspectives and expertise to help us meet the needs of those who reside across our ten-parish footprint.”
UWNWLA’s Board of Directors are fully committed and dedicated to carrying out UWNWLA’s mission through strategic planning, engaging in fundraising initiatives, and monitoring and approving the organization’s budget. In addition, members actively promote UWNWLA as an organization ambassador, advocate, and community representative.
“I am delighted to work alongside our distinguished, new and returning board members during the final year of my term as board chair,” said Darrin Dixon, UWNWLA Board Chair and Vice President of Winnfield Funeral Homes. “We worked diligently to ensure that the UWNWLA board would exhibit diversity and allow us to tap into more communities to make a significant impact.”
There are currently 23 members serving on UWNWLA’s board. To learn more about UWNWLA’s Board of Directors and to view a list of all members, please visit https://unitedwaynwla.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.