Shreveport Mardi Gras is happening! Representatives from both Krewe of Gemini and Krewe of Centaur met with the City of Shreveport today and appear to have reached an agreement to keep the parades rolling in Shreveport.
Representatives from Bossier were present for the meeting as well; however, the Bossier administration has previously stated they’re not interesting in hosting the parades on that side of the river for this year. They did express interest in possibly hosting the parades in the future, with a route that would cross the river between the sister cities.
While the dates remain the same, it’s still possible the route may be altered. It has yet to finalized.
They did decide to bump up the start time for the parades, with Centaur and Gemini both slated to start at 3pm. Krewe of Centaur will roll on February 19 and Gemini will roll on February 26th.
Here’s the full list of Mardi Gras events for 2022:
- Krewe of Harambee (MLK Day) Parade – Jan. 17
- Krewe of Sobek Parade – Jan. 21
- Krewe of Centaur Float Loading Party – Feb. 18
- Krewe of Centaur Parade – Feb. 19, 3pm
- Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Parade – Feb. 20
- Krewe of Gemini Float Loading Party – Feb. 25
- Krewe of Gemini Parade – Feb. 26, 3pm
- Krewe of Highland Parade – Feb. 27, 2pm
Photo courtesy of the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.