Every two years the C.E. Byrd Alumni Association honors former students and faculty members who illustrate great success in their careers, communities, and made an impact during their time at C.E. Byrd High School. This year’s Hall of Fame Banquet will be held Thursday, October 6th, 2022, with the cocktail hour starting at 6:00 p.m. and the ceremony beginning at 6:30 p.m at East Ridge Country Club in Shreveport, LA.
The C.E. Byrd Alumni Association is excited to announce the 2022 Hall Of Fame Inductees:
- Class of 1994 graduate Jericho Brown, a Pulitzer Prize Winner in poetry
- Class of 1960 graduate Merrilee Streun Leatherman, an acclaimed journalist and community leader
- Class of 1961 graduate William Peatross, a successful attorney and community leader
- Class of 1975 graduate Cynthia Peterson, a published biochemist and LSU professor
- Class of 1973 graduate Stephen D. Porter, a decorated artist and educator
- Former faculty member Roy Thomas
These honorees exhibit the excellence aligned with the success of C.E. Byrd High School.
The honorees will also attend a special Hall of Fame assembly on Friday, October 7th in C.E. Byrd High School’s auditorium, with the current student body in attendance, followed by a tour of the school. This is one of many events that will take place during C.E. Byrd High School’s Homecoming week.
“We are so excited to showcase these individuals who display many great achievements not only locally but worldwide,” says Brent Latin, the chair for this year’s event.
For more information please visit byrdhighalumni.org/hall-of-fame or the C.E. Byrd Alumni Association’s Facebook page. Tickets are available to the public and can be purchased via the website or by calling the school directly. The next Hall of Fame class will be in 2025, representing our 100 years of academic excellence.
C.E. Byrd Alumni Association is a 501c3 non-profit organization started in September 1986. The group set its goals to support the school with financial aid and to encourage alumni support for various projects. Since 1986, this organization has provided funding and alumni engagement for many school initiatives, educational trips, and capital projects.