For over 40 years, the Bossier Arts Council has been serving the arts community in North Louisiana. They celebrate the wonderful culture that thrives in our community.
The current director is sadly being called out of state to be closer to family. They are looking for someone with the same passion for community and love for our local arts.
If you think this may be you, please keep reading.
- Report to BAC Tuesday 11am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday and additional hours for various other meetings/events.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to identify, create and implement strategic plans to actualize business objectives.
- Identify, recruit, train and develop a team of employees who can promote the arts and develop a cultural identity.
- Monitor operations and ensure employees and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop the organizational culture and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Develop partnerships with other arts organizations and private businesses.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities within the organization to protect non-profit interests.
- Act as manager for the East Bank District and Plaza and act as the Cultural District Liaison to the State of Louisiana and submit timely reports for each.
- Identify potential sources of funding and organize fundraising efforts.
- Apply for and administer grants that will further the BAC mission.
- Work weekly with bookkeeper to keep all financial records in order.
- Provide One on One “One Stop” advisement for members.
- Represent the company at social and corporate events in ways that strengthen the brand and communicate the company’s message.
- Daily interaction & troubleshooting with staff, clients, visitors and vendors.
- Maintain budget and forecasting activities.
- Meet requirements and provide documentation needed for annual financial review and audit.
- Send invoices in a timely manner to vendors, sponsors, and others as needed.
- Inform staff members of financial limitations and budgets for events and programming.
- Manage and maintain legal documentation and insurance for events, BOD, building and contents.
- Maintain policies and procedures associated with non-profit status.
- Represent the BAC on the Shreveport Bossier Attractions Board.
- Implement programs and report follow up to the BOD.
- Maintain all calendars and rental contracts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of overall mission and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration of a non-profit organization.
- Excellent customer service skills, must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, cheerful demeanor is required
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, remaining professional during intense moments
- Ability to use tact and poise when dealing with difficult people at all times
- Computer literate and proficient in Google Workspace.
- Good writing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized
Grant technical writing is a must.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.