The Business Development Connection of the Greater Shreveport Chamber is seeking help in recognizing outstanding individuals or businesses who are making a difference in our community. Nominations are now open for the Annual Minority Business Opportunity Awards. (As defined by BDC, a minority for the purposes of these categories includes not only racial minorities, but also includes gender and ethnicity i.e. women, Hispanics, Asian American, Native American, etc.)
- TOP BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR – A minority individual who consistently exemplifies the highest standard of professional excellence; reputation/performance on the job is that of a respected leader or example to his/her colleagues; has a record of accomplishments and dedicates his/her time to providing service to the community.
- EMERGING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR – A new minority-owned business that is poised for future growth and has carved a niche for itself in the business community.
- SMALL BUSINESS OWNER OF THE YEAR – A minority individual, who owns, operates and bears the principal responsibility for a thriving small business (less than 50 employees) in our community. Partners may be nominated as a team provided the number of individuals in the team does not exceed four.??
- NON-PROFIT PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR – A professional that works for a not-for-profit organization who consistently exemplifies the highest standard of professional excellence; reputation/performance on the job is that of a respected leader or example to his/her colleagues who through their leadership and service demonstrates a strong philanthropic commitment to addressing the needs of and/or expanding opportunities for minorities in the community. (Note: This category does not have to be a minority)
- Honorees from the previous year are ineligible.
- Individuals are not eligible if they have been an honoree twice within a 5-year period.
- May not be currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Greater Shreveport Chamber, Business Development Connection, employed by area Chambers of Commerce or serve as a public elected official.
- Individuals are only eligible to be honored for one award recognition from the Greater Shreveport Chamber per year.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Greater Shreveport Chamber or pay application fee.
- The Business Development Committee reserves the right to determine eligibility on a case by case basis.
You can submit a nomination by clicking here.